BANANA CAKE RECIPE
Do you go bananas for bananas?! Well, if your a banana-lover like myself then you will love this easy banana cake recipe. An easy cake recipe you can mix by hand. This delicious banana cake recipe cake will use oil as it’s fat component. Unlike butter cakes; oil cakes are easier to prepare and somewhat forgiving. Butter cakes do require a little more babysitting and if the mixing is not done properly you can kiss your hard efforts goodbye! If your lucky enough to have any remaining banana cake, the cake remains moist even after refrigeration. Butter cakes have a tendency to dry out by the second day, especially if it’s left in the fridge. The banana used for the batter has to be ripened to the point where it’s inedible. If the banana is unripe it will give the cake a starchy after-taste.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl or parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk the egg, canola oil, banana puree, milk and vanilla extract. This is where you can mix as aggressively as you like. Once the dry ingredient are incorporated the mixing has to slow down.
- Add in your dry ingredients and slowly mix into the wet ingredient until the flour is no longer visible. Visit my youtube video for demonstration.
- Pour your batter in your pan and place the pan in preheated 350 degree oven
- Check the cake 17 minutes in to avoid over baking.
- Allow cake to sit on a rack for 15 minutes before inverting it. Cool cake in fridge completely before frosting.
Try my easy cream cheese frosting or chocolate ganache frosting.