In order to produce good quality patterns it’s essential to have the right tools. Patternmaking tools, such as rulers can last as long they are well taken care of. Many of the miscellaneous items can be purchased at most retail stores. I’ve provided a link for pattern making supplies/tool that are not easily accessible.
1. Paper scissors : Use different scissors for paper & fabric cutting
2. Fabric scissors
3. Red pencil
4. Blue pencil
5. Cutting mat
7. Tailor’s Square: 24 x 14″ L-shaped metal ruler
10. Hanger hooks or ringers: These hold patterns together.
11. Push pin: Needed for pattern manipulation. Can be purchased at staples or any stationary store.
12. 3M Scotch tape
16. Metal weights: Keeps patterns in place for tracing and marking
17. Metal-tipped measuring tape.
18: Pattern paper or gift wrapping paper-
19. Muslin-: Plain woven cotton resembling linen. Made from bleached or unbleached yarn in different weights: